I wish I was more relatable. I’m so envious of girls who are outdoorsy & look cute without mascara. Being high maintenance is a curse, I tell you.
Above all, I wish I liked beer. Girls who like beer are so kewl. Just sippin’ out of their glass bottles, laughing at all of the jokes, like one of the guys. I hate them for being so effortless.
It’s just so heinous tasting. Like drinking a whole wheat roll or something. I’ve tried. I really have. It’s not “refreshing” – it makes my taste buds cry.
I typically choose cider in beer situations. I like them because I can almost be mistaken for a beer drinker if no one notices the usually colorful packaging & pictures of apples all over them.
Whatever. I am who I am. I’ll be inside whining & wining.
Time: 35 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 packages of frozen corn
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained + mashed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup of radishes, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. of sriracha
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- S+P, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 2 tsp. of sugar
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- Spicy cheese for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place tortillas directly on the rack, baking for 6-7 minutes
- Heat one tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add one package of corn + a tsp. of sugar + S+P
- Stir once or twice before letting sit for 3-4 minutes
- Once brown, remove from the pan + repeat with other package of corn
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine cream cheese + sriracha + chili powder + paprika + S+P + lime juice
- In another skillet, heat a tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat
- Saute onion + S+P for 3-4 minutes
- Add red pepper + S+P, cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Add corn + butter to cream cheese bowl, combine well
- Spread black bean mash over the tortillas
- Add onion + pepper + radishes + avocado + cheese
- Serve with corn
- See how much you can stuff into your body without dying
This, too, was inspired by a couple of recipes in this month’s Cooking Light!