I love being a tourist in my new home. Seattle is not half bad once you get past the traffic & ridiculously high prices of literally all goods & services.
We had a most delectable brunch at a place with magical natural light so you know my selfies were on point. Then we frolicked from patio to patio sippin’ & sunnin’. Blissful, I tell you!
So we’re on this patio. Minding our own business (eavesdropping) when we catch wind of a taco truck festival nearby. Yeah you heard me. A festival of 35+ food trucks ALL making tacos. I quiver at the thought.
I don’t know what taco won (I ate too many & had to be wheeled home), but if Peasant Food Manifesto didn’t win, I’ll riot. These fools made me a kimchi mac n cheese + chorizo taco.
I’ll wait while you let that soak in.
Food out of trucks & food out of my oven are the greatest things this life has to offer.
Time: 6 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb. of potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp. of harissa sauce
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Combine chicken + S+P + harissa in a bowl, cover + let marinate for 4-5 hours
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat a tbsp. of olive oil in a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat
- Add chicken skin side down, cook for 3 minutes
- Flip chicken, cook on this side for 3 minutes
- Remove from the pan
- Add the other tbsp. of olive oil to the pan
- Add potatoes + S+P, cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add chicken back to the pan + lemon halves
- Put pan in the oven, cook for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
- Serve hot
- Don’t dirty any plates – eat straight of the skillet like our ancestors