It went by far too quickly. Plane touched down & then I was right back on it, it seemed. If I try & describe how wonderful my trip was, I’ll start crying on my laptop & a tear will fall in the key board & it will break & then I can’t blog & I won’t do that to you.
Instead, I’ll tell you how I feel about airports. I love them with my whole, entire heart. They are the most romantic places in America. I always imagined getting engaged in one (I got engaged on a porch – different story). Everyone is going or coming & all have a unique story. It’s poetic!
I was so proud of myself yesterday. I was supposed to have a 5 hour layover & I had resolved that I’d spend 45 minutes of it in the bathroom crying, 1 hour wandering around the shops, another hour choosing where to eat & doing so, 30 minutes drinking, then the rest of the time sitting at the gate & reading.
BUT THEN – I get off the first flight & look at the screen to see where I’m headed next. There it is – an earlier flight. Leaving in an hour. I sprint through the airport, never breaking a sweat, looking cute & in control like I do this all the time. I hop on the standby list, being told there is very little chance. I wait patiently. The plane loads. No more seats. I begin to cry (it was an emotional day), when he calls my name. “You’re the last one – RUN!!!”
It was the fairy tale airport ending my dramatic self has always dreamed of.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, rinsed + drained
- 2-3 pieces of sourdough bread, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup of basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil in an oven safe skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook until soft about 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add bread chunks, cook for 3-4 minutes, or until starting to brown
- Add cannellini beans + tomatoes + S+P + crushed red pepper, cook for another 3 minutes
- Stir in spinach + basil leaves + S+P, cook until spinach wilts
- Stir in cheese
- Put in the oven + cook for 20 minutes or until bread is golden + crisp + cheese melted
- Serve hot with extra cheese
- After letting cool, lick the skillet clean
Idea came from here: http://www.wellplated.com/tomato-casserole/