I made the mistake of exercising.
My husband is a ridiculously fit specimen of a human. He can run literal marathons on any given day & is now into something called olympic lifting????? I don’t know but he had to buy special shoes & I was annoyed.
So I reluctantly go with him to the gym this weekend. I really only like activities that I look cute doing. Exercise is not one of them. Some girls look totally kewl & confident, just moseying from machine to machine, knowing how to operate them & stuff. I, on the other hand, try to be as nondescript as possible. It’s the one time Baby gets put in the corner – on a treadmill out of the way.
An hour goes by & I’m winding down – dreaming of lunch. Garr comes in & is like, “Ok – time for SQUATS!!!” Like, is this absolutely necessary? Apparently so. I don’t know exactly how many I did, but I know at least 800 squat/lunge combos were done. I’ve always kind of walked like I have a stick up my butt, but today it’s serious. I’d like a walker, please.
But this low carb stir fry is really helping my six pack.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves : 2
- 1 lb. of shrimp, peeled + deveined + uncooked
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced thin
- 1 piquillo pepper, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. of hoisin
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of water
- 1 tbsp. of sugar
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 2 minutes
- Add red peppers + S+P, cook 2 minutes
- Add piquillo pepper + garlic, cook 1 minute
- Add shrimp + S+P, cook until pink
- In a bowl, combine hoisin + soy sauce + water + sugar
- Pour hoisin mix in the skillet + let thicken, about 2 minutes
- Turn off heat + add basil + lime juice + crushed red pepper + S+P
- Serve hot
- Eat it all this is practically negative calories