I make really fabulous, filling dinners every night. Obviously, I’m a food blogger.
But sometimes you just gotta have a sweet treat, ya know? Garr & I OCCASIONALLY take a little ride on over to the local yogurt drive thru after din din. Like, only
occasionally three times a week.
All this time we thought we were getting away with our frozen dessert addiction. No, no, no. Those teenage yogurt scoopers look innocent, but man are they perceptive.
“Oh yeah – I remember you guys. You get the military discount & you like lids on your yogurt.”
……………. She knows we like lids. She basically knows our innermost workings. The jig is up!
Note to self: get new yogurt place or invest in disguises.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 pizzas
- 8 slices of bacon, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 bundle of broccolini, rinsed + trimmed
- 8 oz. of fontina cheese
- 2 pizza crusts, Trader Joe’s organic crusts used tonight!
- 1 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Heat a skillet over medium heat
- Add bacon chunks + cook until crisped to your desire (they will cook more in the oven)
- Put on a paper towel-lined plate
- Add onion + S+P, cook for two minutes
- Add broccolini + S+P, cook for 4 minutes
- On pizza crust, add 1/2 broccolini mix + 1/2 bacon + 1/2 fontina
- Sprinkle with S+P + 1/2 crushed red pepper + 1/2 oregano
- Drizzle with 1/2 olive oil
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted + golden brown
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese
- I don’t even have anything funny to say just eat every bite of this