How did I ever cook in the misery I used to call a kitchen?
Like, I now have 3 racks in my oven. THREE. I can have more than one thing in the oven at a time……………. I’ll never take your blessings for granted, Jesus, I swear!
My sink is supes deep & I can, like, rinse dishes off without drowning myself. & it has the spicket thingy that detaches so you can aim your stream. That sounds dirty, but it’s an innocent & beautiful romance.
OH & the ice machine. I’d really like to kiss the inventor of these on the mouth, if anyone has a contact. Goodbye ice trays, see you literally never again because you tried to ruin my marriage because I never remembered to refill you & I always ended up taking the last of the ice & Garrett often had to drink warm water.
But I have absolutely no clue where anything is so I was forced to cook this with a slotted spoon.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 lb. of cod
- 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. of skim milk
- 1 tsp. of water
- 1 tsp. of hot sauce
- 3 large carrots, rinsed + shredded
- 8-10 radishes, rinsed + sliced thin
- 2 jalapenos, rinsed + sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. of rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- Sriracha, for serving
- Toasted rolls, for serving
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter + oil
- S+P each side of the cod
- In a bowl, combine egg + milk + water
- In another bowl, combine panko + hot sauce + S+P
- Dredge cod in egg then panko, repeat
- Lay cod skin side down in the skillet, cooking for 2-3 minutes
- Flip + cook another 2 minutes
- Add skillet to oven for 5-7 minutes or until fish is flaky + crispy
- In a bowl, combine carrot + radishes + jalapenos + soy sauce + rice vinegar + lime juice + S+P
- On a toasted roll, add a piece of fish + veggie mix + sriracha + cilantro
- Serve hot
- Rub leftovers on taste buds aka don’t leave any leftovers