I want to pull my hair out when someone comes up with a genius idea before me.
I almost had that EXACT same thought – why did you have to steal my thunder???
This happens far too often for my liking. Let’s take last night for instance. Garr takes me to a place with $1 beers. Ok I’ll order a really expensive fruity cider – it’s fine. I peak at the menu. Standard bar fare. Something catches my eye, though. Something that my mind has almost conceived on its own. I was THIS CLOSE.
Tater tot nachos. Literally, what have I been doing with my time if not topping cheese & veggies on top of perfectly crisp tater tots? Wasting my effing time, that’s what. I need to get it together. Stop pussyfooting around & really spend some time developing ideas so I get all of the fame & glory I deserve.
If you’re still reading this, here’s a bomb recipe for some chicken phillies.
Time: 8 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6 sandwiches
- 1 lb. of chicken breast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. of garlic salt
- 1 tbsp. of onion salt
- Plenty of S+P
- Toasted rolls, for serving
- Provolone, for serving
- Spicy mustard, for serving
- S+P each side of the chicken breasts
- Add them to a crock pot with onion + pepper + crushed red pepper + garlic salt + onion salt + S+P
- Add chicken broth + cover + cook on low for 7-8 hours
- Shred the chicken in the crockpot
- Scoop onto toasted buns + top with provolone + spicy mustard
- Swallow whole