Can we talk about golf for a second? No, for real, it will only take a second.
Because it’s the most boring activity I’ve ever even heard of. Literally, I’d rather watch a checkers match than golf. Yet people line up to stand out in the heat & just…. watch.
The U.S. Open just has my head spinning. I’ve sat in a lot of golf traffic lately so I’ve had lots of time to think about this.
1) There’s a dress code. Collared shirts. K no girls look cute in polo shirts. I’m not a feminist, but this is so rude. 2) You can’t speak above a whisper. This is a sport, right? I want to drink too many cold beverages & yell at people. Like, freedom of speech. 3) Crowds. There will be an expected 60,000 spectators at the Open each day this weekend. I literally don’t ever need to be in the same space as 60,000 people tbh.
Look, anyone in WA looking to avoid golf, come on over. Wear whatever you want & I’ll make 18 pizzas.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 pizzas
- 1 lb. of uncooked shrimp, peeled + deveined + tails off
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese + more for serving
- 4 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of olive oil + 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- Naan bread
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a food processor, combine walnuts + basil + parmesan cheese + 3 tbsp. of garlic + S+P, process on low
- Slowly pour in 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Heat other tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + cook for 5-6 minutes or until slightly caramelized
- Add butter + let melt
- Add shrimp + garlic, cook until shrimp are pink + cooked through
- Spread naan with pesto + add shrimp mixture
- Top with extra parmesan cheese
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted + naan is golden
- Serve hot
- Smash face into plate of pizza