I love going on dates. I mean, I go with the same human every time, but I still get a thrill!
Like, getting dressed up & having someone legally bound to take selfies with you is such a blessing.
I can just be like, “K come down here on the porch where the lighting is brilliant & look cute while I smize!” & he still wants to sit through dinner with me…… Marriage is awesome.
We just have so much fun being absolute morons. He’s totally on board when I want to get way overdressed to go to a normal restaurant. I just like tricking people into thinking we’re more elite than we are. Not that anyone actually wonders what our social status is, but you get what I mean. Leave them wanting more or something.
His reward for letting me prance around all weekend were these lil guys.
Time: 3 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 as a main + 4 as a side
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour + more
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 tbsp. of sage leaves, chopped
- S+P, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Boil potatoes until fork tender, about 10 minutes
- Let cool, cut in half + shred using cheese grater
- Spread potatoes out on a floured baking sheet with plenty of salt, let cool for 1 hour
- Pour egg + flour over potatoes
- Combine into a dough ball
- Knead into 4 sections
- Roll into skinny little threads, add more flour if not pliable enough
- Using a pizza roller, cut into bite size pieces
- To a salted pot of boiling water, add gnocchi one at a time
- When they float to the surface, they are ready to be removed
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add gnocchi in batches, cooking until slightly browned + brown bits in the pan, repeat
- Add butter to pan, letting melt
- Add sage + swirl
- Add all gnocchi + coat with butter + brown bits
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese
- Rub gnocchi all over self