I try to fight it, I really do. But my GOODNESS I love suburbia.
I like leaving for work in the morning & seeing all of the stay at home mommies going for their morning strolls with their young tots. I might shed a tear of jealousy thinking about their flexible schedules & the fact that they’ll probably get to watch Gilmore Girls today but NOT COMPLAINING. God made Netflix for the working woman. I digress.
BEST part about suburbia: Costco. It’s like dinner & a show in a warehouse. Dine on the hotdogs & surprisingly good pizza AND people watch. All for only $55 a year. Bargain.
Garr & I walked in the other day with our shoulders back & our chests puffed out. So freakin’ confident.
“Excuse me, where is the MEMBERSHIP counter??” we said a little too loudly.
“Umm right there” *points 3 feet away*.
“Ahh yes thank you because we are here to purchase a MEMBERSHIP.”
A Costco membership is something we debated about for a while. Do I need a 60 gallon bottle of ranch dressing? No, but I need the OPTION. More so, are we ready for this step into adulthood? Yes. Yes, we are. A rite of passage if you will, we are now your newest Costco members thus rounding out the suburban dream we said we’d put off until our thirties. WHOOPS!
All I bought were some new pillows & a rug. Need to step up my bulk buying game.
Time: 30 minutes (prep +cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 lb. of whole grain penne
- 1 lb. of pork chorizo
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup of shard cheddar, freshley shredded
- 1 cup of pepper jack cheese, freshly shredded
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- S+P, to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain
- In a skillet. cook chorizo over medium heat
- Once cooked through, add red pepper + jalapeno + S+P, cook another 3-4 minutes
- Add pasta back to hot pot + add butter
- Stir in cheese + S+P
- Add chorizo mix + combine well
- Serve hot
- Not kidding this time – smash this in your face