We all have different coping mechanisms.
I typically choose avoidance or delusion to deal with my issues. Today’s issue is almost too huge for one human being to handle alone. Missing Friday pizza & sad movie nights with Cheryl (BFF).
These nights happened so often over the past 5 years that we stopped discussing them at some point down the line. “Ordering pizza at 6. Bring movie & nail polish” is typically how we made plans.
So we have found a way around the 3,000 miles that separate us! We make fake plans throughout the week.
“Let’s go drink margaritas & go to the movies this weekend.”
“K which movie?”
“Idk we’ll let the margaritas decide when we get there”
Avoid & delude, my friends.
But really we’ve eaten so much pizza over the course of our friendship it’s in our top 5 of possible matching tattoos. (Coming October 2015)
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- S+P, to taste
- Parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion, cooking for 6-7 minutes or until starting to caramelize
- Add red pepper + green pepper + S+P, cook another 3 minutes
- Add jalapeno + garlic, cook one more minute
- In a cast iron skillet, add last tbsp. of olive oil
- Roll out dough in skillet + stretch to each end
- Top with tomato sauce + veggies + S+P + mozzarella
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until dough is cooked + cheese is melted
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese
- Test yourself + see if you can eat a slice in 3 bites or less like me