I can’t stop watching murder mystery TV shows.
Like, Dateline & I are in a very committed relationship. I just can’t get enough of bat crazy folks killing their spouses.
Maybe I more so love how dramatic the actual shows are. For instance, I’m watching one episode titled, “The Comic Book Killer.” Literally, dude murdered his wife in a comic book store and he is now coined the comic book killer? No comic books used in the actual murder, though…. Misleading, Dateline! Misleading. Next up: wife kills husband with a stiletto. Innovative, really.
Oh & the reenactments! I can’t. All of the actors are ridiculously more beautiful than the actual people. Why is that? Do we really not want to see normal people killing each other? Are we that sick that we’d rather watch pretty people die? Yeah probably.
Don’t worry, y’all, The Comic Book Killer is behind bars & is no longer a menace to society!
Time: 1.5 hours | Serves: 20 balls
- 1 cup of arborio rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 5 cups of vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of parmesan, grated or shaved
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of panko
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- 1 tsp. of dried basil
- S+P, to taste
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Tomato sauce, for serving
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large pot over low-med heat
- Heat stock in a small saucepan over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook one more minute
- Add arborio rice, coat in onion
- Add white wine, cook until absorbed, about 1-2 minutes
- Add stock in a ladle at a time until rice is cooking, stirring constantly
- Stir in S+P + parmesan
- Put pot in freezer for 6-8 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Put flour in one bowl, egg whites in one, & panko in another, adding oregano + basil + S+P to panko
- Pull risotto out of freezer + stir in mozzarella
- Using an ice cream scooper, form risotto into balls + dip in flour, egg whites + panko, arranging on a lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil + bake for 30 minutes, flipping once in the middle
- Serve with tomato sauce + extra cheese
- Don’t stop till you get enough