Do y’all know what a muffie is? Yes, muffie. It’s the top, fluffy part of a muffin. & also the name of my alter ego.
Every modern woman needs one. A pseudonym. A name you tell the Starbucks chick. A name you tell the bartender for your tab. A name you write down on the cocktail napkin & slide across the table to a cutie. (I have never actually done any of this but I am prepared in the event.)
Muffie just suits me. She is snooty & cute – just like the real me except in pearls & sweater sets. She sips white wine (red stains her teeth) & is the first to start the dance party. She lives by the “no new friends” rule & only likes socializing in
intimate exclusive groups. She really just enjoys good, wholesome fun, ya know?
I really have to take this opportunity to thank Panera Bread for introducing me to muffies. Browsing their pastry selection one afternoon I came across these sweet muffin tops & I just knew. Muffie would be MY cute, fluffy, better half, too.
Muffie also bakes cause y’all know I don’t do that crap.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: A dozen muffins
- 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup of low fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of skim milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, combine flour + baking soda + salt
- In a food processor, combine bananas + cream cheese + honey + vanilla + olive oil + milk + egg
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Evenly pour mix into muffin tin
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Eat until you have chocolate all over your face