Why can’t I just have a normal child (dog)?
Like, we can’t even take her in public she’s such a gremlin.
It’s my fault, I know. I raised her to believe she could do anything & be anything. It’s just my luck she decided to be a human with a fear of dogs.
I try to take her to a work picnic where there will be plenty of mutts for interaction. Maybe she’ll be normal this time, you know, do a little butt sniffing & tail chasing. NOPE. She throws a hissy when the first nose gets too close to her bum. I mean, in some ways I’m proud of her for sticking up for what she believes in. In other ways, I’m like wow can you please hide how inept at being a parent I am in public please thanks.
BRB gotta put her down for her morning nap.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 5 peaches, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 6 cups of packed arugula + spinach
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup of gorgonzola cheese
- S+P, to taste
- On a hot grill, arrange peach halves
- Grill for 5-6 minutes or until slightly charred
- Once cool, remove skins + cut into thin slices
- In a large bowl, combine arugula + onion + S+P
- Stir in peaches + vinaigrette
- Top with gorgonzola
- You can have thirds of this + I won’t even judge