I fit in really easily at things like beer festivals.*
I just haven’t a clue or a care about beer. IPA, Pilsner, Stout, Porter – all taste like warm bread to me! & sound like bad dog names tbh.
I really wasn’t alone, though. The cider lines were 8 miles long, solely made up of gaggles of girls like myself. Why is that? Are we really that much more secure than men in admitting that apple cider that gets you tipsy is better than frothy beer that makes your tummy pooch out??? Idk.
I was also far more interested in the food trucks than the beverages. I am THIS close to proving my theory that all tacos taste better out of a truck. I personally think it’s the fact that getting crap all over your face is inevitable & embraced. No one questions you when you’re walking around with sriracha running down your chin. Everyone knows. They get it.
I also walked around the entire festival with my selfie stick out & only got laughed at like 3 times.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 2 pieces of naan bread
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 6-8 oz. of prosciutto
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- S+P, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat a grill
- Heat a tbsp. of olive oil in a pan over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cooking for 7-8 minutes or until caramelized
- On a piece of naan, add a tbsp. of olive oil + 1 cup of arugula + 1/2 the onions + 1/2 the prosciutto + S+P + 1/2 the cheese
- Repeat with other naan
- Put on the grill + cook until cheese is melted, about 5 or 6 minutes
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese
- Time yourself + see how fast you can get a whole one in your belly