I gave up the news today.
After years of beginning my day with 2 hours of news (I’m up early – shut up), I have come to the conclusion that absolutely nothing good can come from it. Not one measly thing.
Take today’s headlines for instance: “Men pull prank when they run into packed movie theatre with leaf blowers.”
K a couple of things. Not only is the world scary because going to the movies is not safe anymore (where will tweens make out now – I need to know), but it’s full of big, idiot dopes.
Then the college freshmen from Mississippi (first problem tbh) trying to run away & join ISIS. I literally could have gone my entire life without knowing that. What’s wrong with the world? When I was a freshman in college I was worried how my belly looked in a crop top. REAL problems.
So, yeah, news, we’re through. I’ll be doing positive, upbeat things with my morning like listening to the “Just Cry, Sad Songs” playlist on Spotify instead.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6-8 tacos
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed + rinsed
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. of cumin
- S+P, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Queso fresco, for serving
- Tortillas for serving
- Sriracha, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
- Preheat a grill
- On a baking sheet, arrange asaparagus in an even layer
- Drizzle with olive oil + sprinkle with 1 tbsp. of chili powder + 1 tsp. of smoked paprika + S+P
- Grill for 7-8 minutes turning once in the middle
- Meanwhile, combine black beans + jalapeno + cilantro + 1/2 tsp. of chili powder + 1/2 tsp. of cumin + S+P + lime juice
- Cut asparagus into bite size pieces
- Add warm asparagus + bean mix + queso fresco + avocado on a toasted tortilla
- Drizzle with sriracha + serve warm
- Rub leftover asparagus spears on face until they find way into your mouth