How does one “pack light” per se?
I’m going home for a few days & I’ve packed 13 outfits. Do you think that’s enough?
My carry on always just barely fits in the overhead bin. I jammed it in there so terribly once that the wheels were scratching the interior the entire flight & the lady below it kept beating the bin in hopes of quieting the beast. I was certain the door would fly open & the suitcase would tumble down on the cranky lady & there would be a lawsuit on Delta’s hands for damaging my luggage.
& no, I will not check my bag. If that thing gets lost or ends up in Timbuktu, I’m forced to wear my mother’s clothes the entire trip. Yes, she’s stylish & I look good in black, too, but I simply refuse!
Also, please tell me why the humans with the suitcases that roll every which way make me giggle like no other???
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: a crap load of ragout + 3 pieces of fish
- 1 lb. of cod
- 3 onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 4 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 cans of cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 3-4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Parsley, for serving
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, for serving
- Preheat broiler
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook until almost totally soft about 7-8 minutes
- Add red pepper + S+P, cook another 4 minutes
- Add garlic + crushed red pepper, cook another minute
- Add tomato paste, cook for 3 minutes
- Add beans + S+P, cook for 2 minutes
- Add broth & bring to a boil
- Add tomatoes + S+P, let tomatoes start to burst
- Mean while, pat the cod dry
- On an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, sprinkle each side of the fish with S+P + drizzle with 2 tbsp. of olive oil + 1/2 the lemon juice
- Broil for 10 minutes
- Serve hot ragout over fish with the remainder of the lemon juice + parsley + some S+P
- Rub ragout on face for extra fun + exfoliation
Ragout idea came from here: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/white-bean-ragout-with-toast-395436