I’m back – no, really, I mean it this time.
Gallivanting all across this great country has just about taken it all out of me. Including all of my daggum dough.
They opened a new H&M at home & my mother & I went ballistic. We were there as soon as they opened & it was one of those shopping trips where there were so many things traipsed over my arms that my twigs just about snapped off. The best feeling.
I don’t have any shopping buddies here so getting to shop with my mom is like Christmas Eve & my 5th birthday party wrapped all in one. When I was little, I used to love carrying all of the shopping bags because I thought it made us look rich. Like, don’t tell me to consolidate said bags either. No, no, the more bags, the more wealth. & we looked like billionaires this weekend – it was so fabulous.
& I was supes sad to leave so she bought me shoes, a skirt, some sweaters & a t-shirt with roller blades on them. Success!
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 package of pasta
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 lb. of hot italian sausage
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- Parmesan cheese, if you so choose
- S+P, to taste
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat
- Add sausage + cook until done, set aside on a paper towel-lined plate
- Add fennel + S+P to the skillet, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add tomatoes + S+P + crushed red pepper, cook until soft + starting to burst
- Add the sausage back in + stir
- Add butter to warm pot the pasta was cooked in
- Add the pasta + sausage mix into the pot with S+P, combine well
- Serve hot
- Drown in pot of leftovers