Do y’all’s parents ever randomly text you baby names for your future, very unborn children? Oh – just me? Kewl.
It’s taken me 24 years to get to a place where the thought of bringing a life into the universe doesn’t make me actually hurl. We are making some serious progress over here.
My dad texts me yesterday to tell me that my future daughter’s name has come to him in a dream. He sees me sitting in a rocker holding the baby girl I will name Hondo. That is not a misspelling.
I don’t even know if that’s a word, let alone a name. Imagine if the poor thing is chunky – the kids will most obviously compare her to a Honda. I really can’t afford any more therapy.
& I think he’s confused about our ethnicity because he then suggested Guillermo for a son……..
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 8 burgers
- 2 pounds of ground chicken
- 1 pineapple, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. of soy sauce
- Pepperjack cheese slices
- Hamburger buns, thin ones used here
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat a grill
- In a bowl, combine chicken + chili powder + smoked paprika + cumin + garlic + S+P with your hands
- Form into 8 patties & arrange on a baking sheet
- Cover with the soy sauce
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Arrange chicken on the grill + cook for 8 minutes
- Flip + cook another 8 minutes
- With 2 minutes left, top with pepperjack slices + let melt
- Arrange pineapple on grill + cook for 2-3 minutes on each side
- Put a burger + a slice of pineapple between a bun + serve hot
- Eat leftovers cold in the middle of the night like I did