We all remember exactly where we were.
I was 10. We had family visiting from D.C. I was really obsessed with the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire game for my PC. (I was a really popular kid even back then.) The night before 9/11, I FINALLY WON THE GAME. I became a virtual millionaire. Confetti fell, Regis handed me a big check. It was the most joyous evening of my young life.
I go to bed feeling like a champ. A really rich champ. Only to wake up to absolute horror.
I’m getting dressed for school when my mom screams at the top of her lungs. No joke, my first thought was that she was watching some terrible fashion show on TLC & a contestant was wearing nipple pasties or something. I casually go downstairs to make sure she hasn’t blown a blood vessel & planes are flying into buildings. I’m still a big, fat dope at age 10 so I’m not totally sure of the significance. All I know is that the adults are scared so I know I should be.
I went to school that day & convinced my class that the planes were coming for us next & the teachers really loved me.
Time: 20 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 5-6 heirloom tomatoes, sliced thin
- 3-4 cups of arugula or spinach
- 1 tbsp. of dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of basil, chopped
- 2-3 oz. of fresh mozzarella
- S+P, to taste
- In a bowl, combine dijon mustard + honey + vinegar + olive oil + S+P
- On a serving plate, layer arugula + tomatoes + basil + mozzarella + vinaigrette + S+P
- Serve cool
- You may now consider yourself an artist + chef because look at that freaking masterpiece