I’m the most organized creature you know.
I mean, organized to a fault. I’m the person who makes my to-do list for the next day at the end of my current day. I live & die by little agenda book like I’m a middle schooler. It’s equally pathetic & endearing, I know.
Perhaps the most disturbing is that I have all of our meals planned through the end of October. Like, every dinner for the next month. Half of this is because I blog about food. The other half is because I am out of my mind.
But I’m told I need to “relax” & “live in the moment” – whatever that means. I LIKE planning every hour of my day. It decreases my risk of danger & disaster. It alleviates stress. It takes away any chance of spontaneity. Spontaneity gives me hives.
Gotta go. I put my rollers in at 6:20 a.m. on the dot.
Time: 35 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- Sourdough bread
- 1 red pepper, roasted + chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup of spinach, packed
- Mozzarella cheese, for melting
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + let caramelize, 8-10 minutes
- On an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, arrange bread + spinach + onions + red peppers + S+P + some mozzarella
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Serve hot
- Use hand to shape sandwich like boat + shove in mouth