I feel like deleting social media every other day.
But it was Facebook that sent me flying off my glittery handlebars yesterday.
About 50 of my Facebook friends shared a video of a gaggle of young girls at a baseball game. Said girls were all taking selfies. My virtual friends shared this video with captions like, “THE HORROR!!!” “Death to selfies!!!!” “MAKE IT STOP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!”
K. *Breathe, Rachel, breathe* I had smoke coming out of my nostrils like a daggum dragon. I was so peeved. Let’s go over a couple of things. 1) They are cute, young girls hanging with their friends. 2) They are bored at a baseball game. If these girls WEREN’T taking selfies, I would question their mental health. LET THEM LIVE, PEOPLE! These chicks were taking selfies with their hotdogs & churros. I’m 100% certain those photos turned out like solid gold. I salute you ladies.
You girls are inspiring. I’ll be taking selfies with all of my snacks this weekend. Solidarity, sisters.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 cup of packed spinach
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Feta cheese, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over low-med heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add red pepper + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- In a bowl, combine onion mix + quinoa + spinach + sun-dried tomatoes + S+P
- Serve warm with feta cheese
- Go swimming in bowl of goodness