There are some days I just can’t adult.
The weight of adulthood is just too much to bear sometimes. Bills, meetings, laundry, showering. It’s just TOO much.
I need insight from seasoned adults here. How do you do it?? How do you get up everyday & be a human being? How many mental breakdowns are socially acceptable from year to year????
Yesterday I woke up & just couldn’t adult. I’d been feeling sick for over a week & finally drove myself into a fever. So I rewarded myself by not being a human for a day. I was more like a dog. I curled up in fuzzy blankets & drooled on myself while binge-watching Grey’s all day. I really got a peek into Topanga’s day to day life. Man is she living.
Wish me luck as I attempt yet another day as an adult human being.
Time: 50 miuntes (prep + cooking) | Serves: About 24 meatballs
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. of ketchup
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. of vinegar
- 3 tbsp. of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- Plenty of S+P
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add onion + black beans + chickpeas + S+P to a food processor + combine until smooth but not liquidy
- Stir is quinoa + crushed red pepper + S+P
- Form into balls + arrange on a lined baking sheet
- Bake 25 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, combine pineapple juice + coconut milk + ketchup + soy sauce + vinegar + cornstarch + brown sugar + bring to a boil
- Reduce heat + let simmer until it thickens
- Drizzle sauce over cooked meatballs + serve hot
- Pour leftover sweet + sour sauce on body
Idea came from here!