I detoxed this weekend.
Not with food, please, I swam in carbs the whole time. I mean with my face.
Like, I did not put on a stitch of makeup for 48 hours. It was both horrifying & liberating.
I even went to the grocery store sans my face on. I was just rockin’ the crap out of my pasty skin. Thinking, “Why don’t I do this more often? I look awesome!” Then, I get home & FaceTime with my mom. The horror! Does anyone else look as heinous on FaceTime as I do?? Or is that just my actual face?? Because not only will I stop wearing makeup all together, but I need to invest in some large paper bags.
Just kidding. I know I’m cute as all get out.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 package of ziti
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of oregano
- 1 tbsp. of dried basil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook ziti according to package directions + drain
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add fire roasted tomatoes, cook 2-3 minutes
- Add stock + bring to a boil
- Turn down the heat + stir in oregano + basil + crushed red pepper + S+P, let simmer for 8-10 minutes
- Transfer to a food processor + pulse until smooth
- Combine sauce + ziti + S+P
- Arrange evenly in a baking dish
- Top with tomato slices + cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted + golden
- Serve hot
- Serve in deep bowl for your guests to swim in