Something traumatizing has happened to me.
I am not even exaggerating this time.
The other day I heard screams outside of my office. I looked out the window to see a man on top of a building getting ready to jump. I gasped – totally lost for words. I thought I was seeing things. Stuff like this happens in movies & on that heinous Tru TV channel. Not in real life. The police were called & after more than an hour of negotiations, they talked him down.
I don’t care much about anything besides myself, but thank you, Jesus, for men & women in service. These fools put on their unflattering uniforms everyday & risk their lives for you & me. Fools because they gotta be a little bonkers to do this crap. Unflattering because they just hug in weird places, I’m sorry. I can say this – I’m an Army wife, remember???
I hope none of you are as sad as the man on the roof. If you are, Jesus loves you. If you aren’t, Jesus still loves you.
I apologize that this was not even close to amusing, but I have a serious side, ok?!?!
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced thin
- 4 stalks of bok choy, stems + leaves separated + chopped
- 1/4 cup of kimchi, chopped
- 1 small container of water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup of edamame
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of dried ginger
- S+P, to taste
- Brown rice, for serving
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Add onion + peppers + bok choy stems + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add kimchi + water chestnuts + edamame, cook another 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic + ginger, cook another minute
- Add soy sauce + let simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Serve hot over brown rice
- Use chopsticks if you’re feeling fancy + free