It’s incredible how invested I am in this Lamar Odom situation.
I am the #1 non-fan of the Kardashians, but I’m not going to pretend that if a Kourtney + Khloe take Miami marathon is on I’m not going to binge-watch. Of course I am. Trash TV is in my top #10 of specialties.
I don’t LIKE it, though. I’m not happy with myself when it’s over. I blame it on relevancy. I have to stay hip with the kids.
I always thought Lamar was the cutest. Just a big ogre dealing with a bunch of nitwits. What a doll.
If Lamar doesn’t wake up & reconcile with Khloe, I will throw a fit.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-5
- 2 cups of quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 2 tbsp. of whole wheat flour
- 2 cups of skim milk
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a tbsp. of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 6-8 minutes or until slightly caramelized
- Remove onions from the skillet
- Melt butter in the skillet
- Stir in flour + cook for 2 minutes
- Add milk + let thicken, about 5 minutes
- Add crushed red pepper + onion powder + garlic powder + S+P
- Turn off the heat & stir in quinoa + onions + spinach + cheese + S+P
- Arrange quinoa mix in an even layer + sprinkle with breadcrumbs
- Drizzle olive oil on top + bake for 20-25 minutes
- Serve hot
- Smack self in face with empty skillet