Memphis won a football game.
Not just any football game. THE football game. For approximately 38 reasons, I’m elated that Memphis beat Ole Miss this weekend.
While I was in school, I think Memphis won 1 football game. It was Homecoming & we played a bunch of blind babies.
Now they are the best football team in all the land. What a Cinderella story. However, it’s very cruel that the cosmos have forced me to be in WA while Memphis is having such a raging party. I love parties. Sigh
Luckily, I found a temporary tiger tattoo that I was able to put on my face & represent this weekend.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1.5 cups of arborio rice
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup of spinach, packed
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of dried basil
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese + more for serving
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Arrange tomatoes on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet + drizzle with a tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Roast for 20-23 minutes
- Heat stock in a saucepan over low-medium heat
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large pot over low-medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add rice + coat with onions
- Pour in wine, let rice absorb
- Add stock one ladle at a time, stirring constantly, letting the rice absorb
- Once almost all of the stock is used + the rice is tender, stir in cheese
- Stir in roasted tomatoes + spinach + crushed red pepper + dried basil + S+P
- Serve hot with more parmesan
- Send me a hand-written thank you note