This week, though.
All in all, it’s been a pretty bleak week, personally. But in the pop culture world I choose to live 68% of the time, things are just stupid great.
To add to this week’s going list, Memphis win, Gilmore Girls episodes, now ADELE MUSIC?!?!?!? My heart is feeble, honestly.
I have a thing for Adele. It’s real & it’s personal. We are just connected on a really cerebral level. We’re both wildly talented and successful. She just happens to gloriously belt the things that are written in my old journals in kindergarten prose.
“Maybe he still likes me. I’ll go stand by his locker tomorrow.” – Me.
“I had hoped you’d see my face and that you’d be reminded that for me it isn’t over yet.” – Adele.
See? Peas in a pod.
I’m going to need “Hello” to get added to karaoke books across America because I am coming for it.
Time: 9 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled + cut into chunks
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1 can of fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 5-6 cups of water, or enough to just slightly cover the chili
- S+P, to taste (lots!)
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot (In the order I listed), stir well
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve hot with favie chili toppings
- Take off shoes + step into the crockpot, use like a hot tub