An entire year of marriage.
I’ve learned so much. I’d like to share some of my wisdom with you all.
Those quirks your significant other said were cute while you were dating… Yeah he was lying. I have this thing where I smack. Not just gum, but like all of my food. It’s the worst when I’m having my morning bagel & smear. The cream cheese makes lots of noises when it gets stuck to my palate. My point is that the truth will come out. Eventually, he will look at you across the breakfast table & beg you to shut the hole in your face while you chew.
Also, your home will never be tidy again. Don’t take it personally. It’s not you. It’s him. It’s because your husband has a lot of crap. & that crap has to share a space with your crap. Before you know it, there are just these corners where things like piles of shoes live. It’s infuriating. He won’t put away his things. He will, however, do the dishes & this is why we keep him. Hold on to this.
At the end of the day, marriage hasn’t changed me that much. As long as he tells me I’m hot every day I’m golden.
Time: 2 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 8 tomatoes off the vine
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped + more for serving
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled + diced
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 12 oz. of soyrizo, cooked
- 1 cup of spicy cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat broiler
- Arrange tomatoes on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with olive oil + S+P
- Broil for 10 minutes
- Carefully remove blistered skin
- Add jalapeno + cilantro + lime juice + 1/2 the onion to a food processor, pulse on low
- Add tomatoes + Pulse until almost smooth
- Turn oven heat down to 400 degrees
- Add some salsa to the bottom of a baking dish
- Lay 2 tortillas down
- Top with some more salsa + 1/2the sweet potatoes + 1/2 of the remaining onion + 1/2 the black beans + 1/2 the soyrizo
- Lay 4 tortillas down + spread some salsa + add remaining filling
- Top with last 2 tortillas + some salsa + cheese
- Cover + bake for an hour
- Remove foil + cook another 10 minutes or until cheese is golden
- Serve hot with more cilantro
- Lay down on cheesy tortilla crust + wrap self in tortillas + nap