K so I’m not going total vegetarian.
Apparently there is this thing you need called protein??? Idk but I don’t get enough of it according to my “medical physicians” so I am keeping fish in my diet.
This pleases my carnivorous husband to no end because he likes to complain when we he goes more than two dinners without an animal on his plate.
Like, I’m not even allowed to take a stand for something. Maybe I don’t NEED protein. I’m a relatively small human. I have little to no muscle mass. Perhaps I’m fine without it. I’ve been trying to tell people for years that my particular body runs best on an all-carb diet. Bagels? Now THAT is fuel.
I’m lying – I’m still eating fish because they are the tastiest of the animals & imagining a world without fish tacos was really bleak.
Time: 35 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 lb. of wild cod
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. of capers
- 1 tbsp. of parsley, chopped
- S+P, to taste
- In a bowl, combine almond meal + S+P
- Pat fish dry with a paper towel + dredge in almond meal, coating well
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add fish in batches, cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side
- Add more oil between batches if need be
- Turn down the heat + deglaze pan with stock (stand back!)
- Scrape any brown bits up and add lemon juice + lemon halves + capers, letting cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add fish back in to reheat
- Serve hot with fresh parsley + more sauce drizzle over
- Pour remaining sauce on body