K my life is forever changed.
I, Rachel the peasant, breathed Idina Menzel’s air for 3 hours this weekend.
Idina brought If/Then to Seattle. I will allow you 2 minutes to Google what that is if you have been living under a rock at the bottom of the sea for the past 2 years.
It was, without a doubt, the greatest theatre experience of my existence. I laughed, I cried, I bawked in awe of what my eyes and ears were digesting. Idina’s voice – STOOPID. Her personality – can we date? I’ll just never be the same. I left the theatre & literally could not stop crying. I was so overwhelmed. I spent the rest of the evening sashaying through the streets of Seattle & singing at the top of my lungs.
Actually, I spend all of my nights doing this so…..
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 package of whole wheat pasta
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. of garlic
- 1 tbsp. of sage, chopped
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Cook pasta to al dente, reserving a cup of cooking water
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add sage + fry for 2-3 minutes or until browned + fragrant
- Remove from pan onto a paper-towel lined plate
- Turn down the heat to low-medium + add the other tbsp. of olive oil
- Add garlic + cook for 2 minutes
- Add pumpkin + let simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Add coconut milk + simmer for 4-5 minutes
- Stir in crushed red pepper + S+P
- Add drained pasta + cooking water to the sauce
- Stir well + add more S+P
- Serve hot
- Rub creamy noodles on face + share photos with me