I wish I was an effortlessly kewl female.
I am a lot of adjectives, but effortless is not one of them.
Have you read the Rolling Stone article on Adele? Add it to your bucket list, please. After I read it, I just sat there. Staring into the abyss that is my living room wondering why I am not more like her. She is so freaking cool I can barely stand it.
She doesn’t even try. She doesn’t have to. She wakes up each day & just IS that cool of a chick. How does one get there? How do I get there? I seek guidance here. It currently takes an embarrassing amount of effort for me to do anything resembling cool. You like my blog? You can’t imagine how much I agonize over every detail of this stupid thing. Oh I’m good at my work? I happen to second guess every decision I ever make. I sound like a fun wife? I cry 89% of the time & whine every evening after work until we fall asleep. (Perhaps no one ever said I was a fun wife but ya know)
K so I’m not going to be effortlessly kewl any time soon, but I am hella talented with a crock pot!
Time: 9 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-5
- 2 cans of cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 package of soyrizo, cooked
- 1 lb. of baby potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 4-5 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- S+P, to taste
- Cilantro, for serving
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Throw all ingredients into crockpot (minus cilantro + chips, obvi)
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Serve hot
- Put bowl on the floor + lap up like a mutt