I got stuck in an elevator.
I had an entirely different post planned, but then I got STUCK. IN. AN. ELEVATOR.
I don’t just mean that the doors got jammed for a second. I mean, I got in the elevator, the doors shut, & the metal death trap shudders & DROPS to the next floor. K, time to talk to Jesus. “Lord Jesus this is not the way I want to go please get me out of this.” *Shudders & Drops to the NEXT floor* “No, Jesus, you don’t understand I AM NOT FINISHED HERE YET!!!”
The doors finally open & I’m free. I fall to the concrete floor & kiss it. (I do not do this). I do, however, throw a hissy fit to my coworkers. Come to find out that the shudder & loud bang it made each time it dropped – that was the death trap catching itself. FROM CATAPULTING ME TO MY DOOM.
Suffice it to say that I’ll be taking the stairs everywhere I go & will have the most toned behind you’ve ever seen.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 pizzas
- 2 pizza crusts (Trader Joe’s Organic crust used here)
- 1 lb. of brussels sprouts, peeled + trimmed + cut in quarters
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1-2 cups of BBQ sauce (use my homemade here)
- 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add brussels sprouts + S+P, cook for 5-6 minutes or until they start to brown
- Spread BBQ sauce on each pizza crust
- Add brussels sprouts mix + S+P
- Top with cheese
- Bake for 14-15 minutes or until cheese is melted + golden brown
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese
- Fashion leftover slices as earrings