Do y’all watch House of Cards???
This show is CRAY.
I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I have high hopes of becoming the First Lady. You’d think this television show would make me think twice but NOPE. It only fuels my love fire.
I don’t want to be the President because they get blamed for everything & their hair turns gray & they get veryyyy wrinkly while in office. I can’t risk this. First Ladies enter as lil refined women & leave as dignified goddesses. (Minus Hillary I don’t know what happened there.) THIS is what I need. And they all have platforms. I love that. Like they’re beauty contestants or something. My platform would probably fall somewhere in the range of higher wages & encouraging more selfies.
The only issue is that my husband has no interest in politics but I’m persuasive – I’m the future First Lady for crying out loud!
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | serves: 5 quesadillas
- 10 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup of packed spinach
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 tsp. of sriracha, divided
- Juice of 1 lime
- S+P, to taste
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Heat a tbsp. of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over low-medium heat
- Lay a tortilla down + top with some cheese + spinach + black beans + onion + red pepper + yellow pepper + S+P + some lime juice + sriracha + more cheese + lay another tortilla on top, pinching the edges as best you can
- Very carefully flip the quesadilla with a spatula, if veggies fall out, just scoop ’em back in!
- Cook on the flip side for 3-4 minutes
- Remove from the pan + cut in quarters
- Repeat process until you have 5 quesadillas
- Serve hot
- Eat with hands while standing up it is easier to shove them in this way