I served my husband raw chicken for dinner.
When I make things like this skillet, I always make some sort of hearty main for him. I’m not a witch, you guys. I love him & want him to have a full tummy at all times.
Y’all know I meal prep. I make just about everything we eat on Sunday & we eat it throughout the week. So imagine how busy Sundays are for this little kitten. I’m wheelin’ & dealin’ in the kitchen all the live long day. I have 8 things cooking at any given time. Up until this point, I really thought I had mastered the art of multi-tasking in the kitchen.
Then he bit into the buffalo drummies I made him. & promptly spat them back out. Look, the last couple of weeks he has complained that I have overcooked all of his chicken. I was bound & determined to impress him this week. So I bake the drummies for the bare minimum, pull ’em out, let ’em cool, pop ’em in the fridge. I’m beaming with pride! What a lovely dinner for the love of my life to enjoy after a long day. Buffalo drummies & some delicious roasted veggies & beans. Candles are lit, conversation is flowing, & then BABAM. Pink chicken.
Anything that cooks for 40 minutes & is still raw on the inside should not be allowed on the marketplace anyways.
Time: 35 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 1 bundle of asparagus, rinsed + trimmed + cut in half
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, combine asparagus + tomatoes + red onion + 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Heat other tbsp. of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Add veggies + cook for 5-6 minutes
- Pop skillet into the oven + let roast another 15-17 minutes
- Remove from oven + stir in cannellini beans + S+P
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese
- Wrap asparagus around digits + become asparagus hands man