Did y’all read the Huffington Post article about the guy who gave up alcohol & coffee for 15 months & saved $15,000????
I am the cheapest 24-year-old in all of the land so this idea perked me up real quick.
Dude literally saved $1,000 a month by not buying alcohol or coffee. Do you know what I would do with $1,000 extra a month? You’re right – absolutely nothing that ish would go right into savings.
Principle of the fact. I’m going to try it. I’m not sure I’ll be very pleasant & I can assure you that I’ll be even more boring than usual. But when I’m counting Benjamins y’all might hop on my train.
I’m not starting until February because I need to get through the holidays & no one should do those without liquor.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-5
- 14 oz. of red lentils, uncooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 6 oz. of tomato paste
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 3 cups of spinach, packed
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- Cilantro, for serving
- S+P, to taste (but lots of it!)
- Heat oil in a stock pot over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic + cook another minute
- Add tomato paste + ginger + crushed red pepper + S+P, cook for a minute
- Add lentils + diced tomatoes + coconut milk + broth + S+P, cover + bring to a boil
- Turn heat down + let simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender
- Stir in spinach + more S+P
- Serve hot with cilantro
- Smash face into bowl + enjoy facial