I had a fight with a can of mandarin oranges.
The can won.
That’s why this post is a day late. I spent my Sunday evening in the ER tending to my filleted finger.
You know the metal cans with the pull-tab top? Well, I was pulling & it was stuck. I moved the can over to the sink to tug harder, thinking juices are going to splatter on me. All of a sudden, something splatters all right – my blood! I cut a hunk of my pinky out & had to stare at my finger for a good minute to make sure the top half wasn’t hanging on for dear life. I wake Garr up from his nap & we go to the ER & they are like ohhh you need a tetanus shot I am like ohhh wonderful. Then they poured some fiery acid onto my open wound & I almost punched the nurse in the mouth. It was all really pleasant.
So I think I am suing Dole & would like one of you to represent me. Please & thanks.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3
- 5-6 bell peppers, rinsed + tops + seeds removed
- 1 package of soyrizo
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 package of brown rice
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup of pepper jack cheese, shredded
- S+P, to taste
- Cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Arrange peppers in a baking dish + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat other tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add soyrizo + cook until almost totally browned + done
- Add onion + S+P, cook for another 2 minutes
- Add garlic + cook another minute
- Stir in tomatoes + beans + brown rice + cook until beans are just warmed through
- Turn off heat + stir in some cilantro
- Add mixture to peppers
- Top with cheese
- Bake another 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted + golden
- Serve hot with more cilantro
- Smash face into pepper + repeat until all are gone