It’s that time of year again.
The time of year when I go home for Christmas & let my parents fawn all over me & tell me how much I am loved & adored. *Sigh*
Are you guys as spoiled as I am & still get 800 presents? No?? Oh.
I didn’t even ask for anything huge this year. When I was little, if there wasn’t a giant, unwrapped present near the tree on Christmas morning, my world would explode. “WHERE’S MY BIG THING?!” is recorded on more than one Christmas video, let me tell you. Again, this is not my fault, my parents should have procreated more.
Like, all I want this year is a fit bit & a blank check is that even too much to ask for??????
P.S. Christmas calls for a two week blogging detox. I’ll miss your sweet faces but will be back with fresh recipes & ridiculousness on January 4th. Smooches & safe holidays to all of my little dumplings!
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled + cut in fry shapes
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1 tbsp. of flour
- 2 cups of skim milk
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Cheese curds (these are covered in olive oil + herbs)
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil + S+P
- Arrange on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, flipping once in the middle
- Meanwhile, heat butter over low-medium heat in a sauce pan
- Whisk in flour, cook for a minute
- Slowly whisk in milk + bring to a boil
- Turn down heat + crushed red pepper + oregano + S+P
- Once thick to your liking, remove from heat
- To serve, lay fries on a plate + add cheese curds + warm gravy over top
- Serve hot
- Shove in your mouth all at once + try to keep moans to a minimum