Another new year, another new season of The Bachelor.
As the number 1 fan of this franchise, I have the right to say this: That premiere was boring as all get out.
For those who have never seen the show (sorry that rock you’ve been under doesn’t have television), let me catch you up to speed! Each time the women are on screen, they remind us of their name, age, and job title. The producers have always given the girls lame, fake jobs, but this year they’ve really outdone themselves.
One gal? Chicken enthusiast. Like, that’s her job. This would be cute if she was obsessed with chicken nuggets or something. No. She just loves her pet chickens. Not cute. Just sad. Then, there are twins on the show. Do you know what they do? They twin. Their job title is literally “twins”.
But their is one chick who is keeping it too real with a title of “Unemployed”.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 package of whole wheat pasta
- 4 beets, rinsed + trimmed
- 4 shallots, diced
- 4 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 2 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 oz. of mozzarella cheese
- S+P, to taste
- Parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Add beets to a baking dish + add 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Cover with foil + bake for 55 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook pasta for about 5 minutes in salted water
- Drain + add pasta back to hot pot
- Add wine
- Cook, tossing often, for another 5-6 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat other tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add shallots + S+P, cook for 3 minutes
- Add garlic + S+P, cook for another 3 minutes
- Add balsamic vinegar, cook for another minute
- Stir shallot mixture into pasta
- Remove beets from oven + carefully remove skins with paper towels
- Slice into bite size pieces + add to pasta
- Add S+P + mozzarella + parsley
- Serve hot
- Wrap drunk noodles all over body + allow the wine to soak into your pores
Idea came from here! http://www.rachaelray.com/recipes/drunken-spaghetti-with-sweet-roasted-beets