I thought being an adult would get easier with time. Like, I would just naturally get better at making real decisions.
NOPE. Still bawl like a buffoon any time I have to decide between A & B.
For instance, right now I am buying a car. I’ve been driving the same Honda Civic since I was 15. I’ve never been faced with the decision of which car to buy. My dad came home with the Civic & said “k good luck don’t die.” I didn’t ask questions. I did what was asked of me.
So why are they all so expensive? They’re like aluminum foil on wheels, right?? It’s so stressful. I just need to get from the house to Target to work. That’s really it. I’m essentially paying $20,000 to run errands.
Oh & we have to have leather seats so Garrett’s toots don’t ruin the upholstery.
Time: 2 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6 sandwiches
- 1 eggplant, peeled + sliced into thin rounds
- 3 roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 8 oz. of mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded
- 12 slices of sturdy, rye bread
- Butter, for the bread
- 1 cup of italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- 1 tsp. of dried basil
- S+P, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. of water
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place eggplant slices in a colander with some salt + let drain for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine breadcrumbs + 1 tbsp. of the parmesan cheese + rosemary + oregano + dried basil + S+P
- In another bowl, combine egg + water
- Once eggplant rounds are drained + patted dry, dredge in egg + breadcrumbs + arrange on a lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil + bake for 20 minutes
- Flip + bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
- Arrange sandwiches by layering some mozzarella + 2 eggplant rounds + 3-4 slices of tomato + fresh basil + some parmesan cheese + more mozzarella between two slices of bread
- Grill on each side for 3-4 minutes
- Serve hot
- Shove entire sandwich into face + blow me kisses