So y’all know I have a thing for Leo, right?
Well, it’s more than a thing. It’s not an obsession, though. Obsession makes it sound like I’m a little off my rocker. Simply not the case.
I’ve loved him with my entire being since I was 6-years-old. I’m not trying to be cute. I really have felt a cerebral connection to him for the vast majority of my life.
Last night was a big night for us. L has won Golden Globes before, but this one is different. Everyone felt it. Did you see his peers (inaccurate because he is superior to them but he’s just so humble) stand to their feet when he won? They know it, too. It’s his year.
I just feel so lucky to be a small part of his success.
Time: 50 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 2 cans of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 2 cups of spanish rice, cooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 package of frozen corn
- 1 cup of your favie salsa
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Green onion, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3 minutes
- Add garlic, cook for another minute
- Add zucchini + red pepper + jalapeno + chili powder + S+P, cook another 4-5 minutes
- Add frozen corn + turn off heat
- In a bowl, combine black beans + rice + veggies + salsa + S+P
- Arrange in a baking dish + top with cheese
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Serve hot with green onion + cilantro + tortilla chips
- Lap up like dog