I went to my childhood movie theatre last night.
Y’all have one of those, right? The movie theatre your mom had to drop you off at every weekend for like 6 years? Yeah I went to mine last night.
I haven’t been in over a year. It was a pleasant surprise to see that literally nothing has changed. I walked through the doors & my mind flashed to being 12 years old in a fitted, graphic tee from Delia’s with a bra full of Kleenex.
I remember that the cool thing was to go to the movies & make out. Girls who stuffed their bra until they were 17 did not have this luxury, however. I went for the cinematic experience. & to play the race car game in the arcade on occasion. It just didn’t make sense that you would pay for a movie ticket & then suck face the whole time. Though, I would not have been opposed to trying if the opportunity had ever freakin’ presented itself. But I’m over it, really.
Also, there was this one time my parents dropped me & a friend off to see Pootie Tang & I think I needed more structure in my youth.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 pizzas
- 2 pizza crusts
- 3 green tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 8 oz. of ricotta
- 3-4 oz. of mozzarella
- 1 tbsp. of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil, divided
- 1 cup of italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- S+P, to taste
- 2 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, combine egg + a little water
- In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs + S+P
- Dredge tomato slices in egg then in breadcrumbs + arrange on a lined baking sheet
- Once all tomato slices are dredged, drizzle with a tbsp. of olive oil + bake for 15-20 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat another tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over low-med heat
- Add onion + S+P, let caramelize to your liking, about 10-15 minutes
- In a bowl, combine ricotta + rosemary + lemon juice + the other tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Turn oven heat down to 350
- Arrange a crust on a lined baking sheet
- Spread the crust with some of the ricotta + tomatoes + onions + mozzarella + S+P
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted + crust is golden
- Drizzle with a tbsp. of the balsamic vinegar
- Repeat process with other crust + remaining ingredients
- Serve hot
- Eat entire pie by yourself it’ll feel good I promise