That moment when you have a dream so vivid, real, & fantastic that you never want to wake up.
But then you do & you are reminded that you are not at the 2016 Oscars in a custom Dior gown & you never will be. Because you’re Rachel. & you’re still not famous.
Leo took lil ole ME to the Oscars. He must have read my blog & realized that I am really the most deserving female he doesn’t already know. I had him hire Garr as our body guard for the evening so that my real love & my imaginary love could all be together on my special night. I’m selfless even in times of great success.
The paparazzi ate it up. “WHO is this girl with Leo?! An up & coming model? An heir to a hotel fortune? An indie movie star???” My head barely fit through the Dolby Theatre.
Then reality slapped me in the face & disappointment oozed out of my ordinary pores all day.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: enough tacos for 3 people
- 1 cup of green lentils, rinsed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- Half a head of red cabbage, chopped
- 2 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped
- Salso, for serving
- Corn tortillas, for serving
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of garlic salt
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 1/2 tsp. of oregano
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Cook lentils according to package directions, drain
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3 minutes
- Add garlic + cook for another minute
- In a bowl, combine all seasoning
- Add lentils + taco seasoning to the skillet
- Add 1/2 cup of water, let evaporate
- Arrange some lentils on a warm tortilla + top with cabbage + cilantro + salsa
- Serve hot
- Eat 5 at a time because it’s full of health