So it turns out I am a trivia prodigy.
I don’t look like much, but this noggin is jam packed with nothing but useless facts.
At first, I was nervous to join my dad’s trivia team last because I felt a bit rusty. I haven’t really had to exercise the cortices of my brain that house this type of knowledge.
But once I got going, I just started slinging answers left & right. I know that the U.S. won the 2011 yacht club championships (I am elite). I know that Norfolk, VA is home to the largest naval base in the U.S (Excellent military wife right here). I know that the Memphis airport handles more cargo than any other southern city (I would have been kicked out for answering this incorrectly). I am simply a trivia STAR! Among my many other talents.
But I must admit I didn’t know that Gouda was from the Netherlands & for that I feel like I must shut down this food blog.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 4-6 cups of packed spinach leaves
- 1 cup of green lentils
- 2 pears, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1.4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- S+P, to taste
- Balsamic Vinaigrette, for serving
- Cook lentils according to package directions, drain + set aside
- Toast walnuts in a skillet over low heat for 4-5 minutes
- In a bowl, combine spinach + lentils + pears + walnuts + cranberries + feta + S+P + some vinaigrette
- Serve room temp or chilled
- Shove literally all of this in your mouth it is guilt free