I had THE most pleasant DMV experience this week.
No, I’m serious. It was downright enjoyable.
I’ve been married to my hunk for almost a year and a half, yet I have neglected to change my name on my license. Who has the time, right? Also, it’s 2016, isn’t there a database that can just, like, spit out all of the new ID cards you need after marriage & mail them to you with a nice congratulations note? Idk.
So I bit the bullet. I woke up early & hightailed my behind to the DMV. I arrived a half hour before they opened and was the third in line. I had a new license and an updated voter registration card in TWELVE MINUTES. TWELVE. It turns out having your paperwork together and being kind to the nice ladies behind the counter really pays off!! I don’t know who is running the show out there, but my hat is off to you Department of Motor Vehicles!
But still suggest you all take a quick photography course because I look like a gopher in my new picture.
Time: 35 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 1-2
- 1-2 medium sweet potatoes, cut in thin swoodles (I just got a spiralizer!)
- 1-2 cups of packed spinach
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup of cashews
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- In a food processor, combine cashews + garlic + water + S+P, pulse until smooth + creamy
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over low-med heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3 minutes
- Add swoodles + S+P, cook another 3 minutes
- Add quinoa + spinach + crushed red pepper + S+P, cook another minute
- Pour in some of the sauce
- Serve warm
- Eat with mouth like pig at trough