I have a new, crippling disease.
I eat too fast.
It’s not like a cute, “whoops I’m done before you!” It’s an, “OMG I have licked my plate clean and no one has even touched their main courses yet” kind of thing.
I feel like it’s the worst in public. I know I’m alarming onlookers. I mean, there is no way to eat like a ravenous gorilla & still look graceful. I was at Panera Bread yesterday & was dipping this sammich into some tomato soup & literally slamming it into my face. There was soup all over my mouth, crumbs on my chin. I went through 12 napkins, finishing the meal in 4 minutes flat. ALL while carrying on a conversation. Something is WRONG. It doesn’t have to be this way, does it?
Perhaps it does because I specifically used this wide bowl for my smoothie so I could shove my face all up in there.
Time: 20 minutes (prep + smoothieing) | Serves: 1
- 1/2 cup of frozen berries (raspberries, blackberries, + blueberries used here)
- 1/2 cup of frozen pineapple
- 1 tbsp. of peanut butter
- 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein
- 1 tbsp. of chia seeds, + more for serving
- 4 oz. of nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Granola, for serving
- Fresh berries, for serving
- In a nutribullet, ninja, blender or other pulverizing contraption, combine berries + pineapple + peanut butter + protein + chia seeds + yogurt + almond milk
- Blend until smooth + no chunks
- Pour into a bowl + top with more chia seeds + granola + berries
- Serve cold
- Time yourself + see if you can beat my record of swallowing this in 2.5 minutes