So I think I’m finally in this “fit fam” you all keep talking about.
I mean, I skipped the Oreo aisle while grocery shopping this weekend & I’ve gotten in the habit of doing squats every morning once I put my rollers in.
Ok, so maybe I’m in the fit step-family. Perhaps I’m the weird aunt who gives out pencils on Halloween. So be it.
These are big steps for me! I’m never going to be a gym rat. I’ve tried on and off for my entire adult life. It’s just that I only have like two cute workout outfits and my hair has never looked good in a ponytail. My elementary school boyfriend broke up with me because I put my hair in a ponytail during recess once. But I’m over it, obviously. Anyways, the gym just isn’t healthy for me emotionally.
So as I wholly commit to this fit fam lifestyle, I welcome any tips that also allow me to continue shoving carbs down my throat.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 1 cup of lentils, rinsed + drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 6 oz. of tomato paste
- 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. of oregano
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. of italian seasoning
- 1 package of whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, + more for serving
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Stir in tomato paste, cook another minute
- Stir in diced tomatoes + crushed tomatoes
- Add oregano + crushed red pepper + dried basil + italian seasoning + S+P
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes
- Add lentils + parmesan + S+P, simmer for another 4-5 minutes
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain
- In a large bowl, combine pasta + bolognese
- Serve hot with extra parmesan cheese
- Slurp these noodles as loud as you want you deserve it you filthy animal
There are a ton of versions of this on Pinterest, but I do believe mine is the easiest 😉