Where do I go from here?
How does MY heart go on, huh???
My soul is physically exhausted from the excruciating joy I felt at Leo’s win on Sunday night.
I have waited for this day since I saw Titanic for the first time as a booger-filled 6-year-old. Everything about him enchanted me & I have never let go of that feeling. When Julianne called his name, I thought my heart might actually burst out of my chest. It was one of those hurt so good moments, ya know?? I screamed, I cried, I terrified nearby animals, it was just everything I dreamed it would be.
I also deserve an Oscar for making it to work Monday morning as a functioning human being considering the circumstances.
Time: 3o minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 1/2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of water
- S+P, to taste
- Pita, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut top off of garlic head
- Wrap garlic head in aluminum foil + place in the middle of a baking sheet
- Roast for 15 minutes
- In a food processor, combine 4-5 of the roasted garlic cloves + chickpeas + olive oil + tahini + parmesan + red pepper + cumin + lemon juice + S+P
- When almost smooth, add water
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with extra chopped garlic + red pepper + pita
- Rub on face + share Oscar acceptance speech with family + friends