So I went to a cycling class last night.
The class took place in the dark with neon lights flashing. Essentially, I survived my worst nightmare.
I’ve been intrigued by this Soul Cycle rage. The fools on reality TV make it look so chic! Wearing their colorful lil pants and lil mesh gloves. I thought I could get behind this! Until I sat on that bleak bike & started to pedal.
It has to be in the top 10 sweatiest experiences of my life. It was just dripping. I feel like it was all happening in slow motion and sweat was just flying everywhere. The instructor kept asking us to “turn up the gear” on the bikes & I kept “placing curses upon his home.” Fool, please. I’m not trying to die up in here!
So, yeah, I’ll def be back – great workout!
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4 sandwiches
- 1 lb. of shrimp, peeled + deveined + raw
- 1 tbsp. of paprika
- 1 tsp. of dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of cajun seasoning
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp. of tabasco sauce
- 3-4 tbsp. of light mayonnaise
- 4 whole wheat rolls, toasted
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup of arugula, for serving
- 2 roma tomatoes, for serving
- S+P, to taste
- In a bowl, combine shrimp + paprika + rosemary + garlic powder + cajun seasoning + S+P
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise + tabasco + lemon juice + S
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add shrimp + cook for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through
- Spread some of the remoulade on a roll + add tomatoes + arugula + shrimp
- Physically shove in mouth + try to beat my record of 3 minutes
Idea for these bad boys came from here: