My dad bought a Corvette.
Do y’all’s dads do this crap? Just rub their success in your face?
Perhaps you’ve wondered about the creepy guy under the pseudonym, Junior Loinman, who is always spouting negativity or posting, “Where’s the meat?!” in the comments section of every blog post I’ve ever written. Have no fear – it’s just my father.
Dude texts me the other day and is all, “Hey, come by later. I got a corvette.” And I’m all, “Hey, did that come out of my inheritance fund?” I mean, throw me a bone here. I’m a young newlywed. I have needs. Buy ME something for a change.
But I do look pretty cute riding shotgun in a ‘vette so I’ll allow him to keep it.
Time: 35 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4 as a side
- 1 bundle of asparagus, rinsed + trimmed
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- 2 tbsp. of parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- On a lined baking, sheet arrange asparagus + tomatoes in an even layer
- Drizzle with olive oil + S+P
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat balsamic in a sauce pan over low heat
- Reduce for 4-6 minutes
- Drizzle reduction over
- Slap sweetie with limp asparagus until he faints + you can run away with all of the food